Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Evaluating Online Dating for the Older Guy

I used to make a killing with online dating back when it was still new. I landed my ex-wife on it and she was a hotty (got 3rd place in junior miss for her state, so she was a serious hotty). She was also a bipolar, borderline personality witch. I also landed quite a few others. But in the sixteen years since those times the online dating community has changed a lot. First of all, I'm older than the guys that young and pretty girls are looking for online. They have automatic filters to take care of that stuff so they don't even see my emails when I email them. And 90% of the older girls, the ones around my age, are either doing the cougar thing (heh, not that I blame them) or are not attractive. For some reason I keep on getting notices of interest from gals who are five to fifteen years older than me, fat, and ugly. I guess that compared to them I am a greek god.

But it boils down to one undeniable conclusion:

Online dating sucks for older guys.

It sucks for all guys, but especially for those of us who are older, wiser, better in bed than we ever were before in our lives, who still look and act manly and vital. We have what all the girls want, but can't effectively demonstrate it online. And this, combined with the way that online dating draws the fat, ugly, crazy, and emotionally damaged girls like moths to flame, makes it impossible to get any kind of lasting connection with someone I'd want to sleep with three times, let alone make a weekly habit of hanging out with.

I'll still keep my toe in. I think there are 3 girls out of the hundreds I've looked at who may possibly pan out. But I haven't had any good luck so far. It's time for me to treat online dating as the joke it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment